Square and Compass

St. Patrick’s M.L. 79

St. Patrick’s Masonic Lodge No 79 is one of six craft lodges currently sitting in the Masonic Hall in Newry.

The hall was purpose built in 1887 before which the Lodges met in local hotels, hostelries, inns and private houses.
 
At a time there were around 16 Lodges meeting in the Newry area but some of these were travelling military Lodges and were always regarded as visiting Lodges to the district.
 
The warrant of the Lodge has moved several times, but Newry has been its home since 1893 and has enjoyed playing its part in promoting the craft to the local community ever since.
 
Meeting at 8.00pm on the second Tuesday of all months, except June, July and August, all visitors will be made more than welcome at our communications and festive board afterwards.
 
If you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact our current W.Master or the Lodge secretary.
 
Freemasonry is many things, but above all, Freemasonry is a way of life, not "apart" from society but a "part of society".
 
St. Patrick's M.L. 79 was founded on 5th April 1759 . We are still thriving today more than 250 years later. Please browse our site to find out more.

 

Visitors to website. AmazingCounters.com

Freemasonry

Lodge Warrant

Lodge Warrant
Issued to Bros. James Bell, John McGomery and Samuel Ferguson to erect a Lodge of Free Masons in the town of Tandragee.

Officers

The Officers are elected annually by Lodge members

Calendar

Calendar

Dates of communications throughout the year

Provincial Honours

Honours

Provincial Grand Lodge Honours awarded

History

History of St Patrick's Lodge No. 79

Image 05

Charity

One of the 'foundation stones' of Irish Freemasonry